River Terrace is pleased to present a whole new level of post-acute care to the Worcester County. A leading rehabilitation provider within minutes of many UMASS Medical Campuses and other area hospitals, we offer a specialized level of rehabilitation programming under the direction of eminent local physicians.
Our physician-led program, under the direction of both a cardiologist and pulmonologist, is focused on helping patients achieve the most active life possible despite any cardiopulmonary diagnoses and physical limitations.
Dr. Daniela Capriles specializes in heart failure, valvular heart disease, heart arrhythmias and peripheral vascular disease. She received her medical degree from the Central University of Venezuela, “Luis Razetti” School of Medicine in Venezuela, completed her cardiovascular medicine fellowship at Saint Vincent Hospital in Worcester, Massachusetts, and residency in internal medicine at St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. In addition to English, she is fluent in Spanish, French and Portuguese.
We tailor our program for individuals with heart disease and pulmonary disease, with diagnoses such as CHF, COPD, post heart and lung transplants, emphysema, acute myocardial infarctions and acute respiratory failure.
Our CARDIOPULMONARY PROGRAM Features:
- Team Consults by our Board Certified Cardiologists and Pulmonologists
- ACLS Certified Nurses
- 7 Days Per Week Therapy Services as prescribed
- 24/7 Access to Laboratory and Radiology Services
- Tracheostomy Care and Management
- EKGs and Echocardiograms On-Site
- Wide Range of Oxygen Therapies
- Remote Monitored In-house Telemetry
- Cardiac Inotropic Drips
- Nebulizer Therapies
- Pacemaker Assessment and Monitoring
- LifeVest Wearable Defibrillator
- Anti-Coagulation Checks On-Site
- IV Push and Solumedrol
- Comprehensive Cardiac and Pulmonary Education/Training for Patients and Family Members
- Case Management and Discharge Planning
- Coordination of Home Care Services including CARE NAVIGATION™ Program
- 24/7 Admissions Direct from the ER
SHORT-TERM REHAB Delivering Positive Outcomes
Our strong hospital partnerships ensure a smooth transition for those in need of post-acute and surgical care. Under the guidance of our expert therapists, patients rapidly regain their mobility and achieve independence as they prepare for their return home.
- Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapies 7 Days a Week!
- Respiratory Therapists on staff
OUR GOAL is to provide the medical expertise and personal support to help residents get well, be well and stay well.